What is it: Zinc EDTA is a derivative of Ethylenediamine Tetra acetic Acid. IT is a type of micronutrient. It is known as Zinc EDTA, Zinc Disodium EDTA, Ethylenediamine Tetra Acetic Acid Zinc Disodium Salt, Zinc Sodium EDTA. Ethylenediamine Tetra acetic Acid is a Sequestering / Chelating Agent. EDTA is a synthetic amino acid.
Specifications of Zinc EDTA
- Product Name: Zinc EDTA.
- Product Category: Micronutrients.
- CAS No. 14025-21-9
- HSN No.: 29173990.
- Molecular Formula: C10H12N2Na2O8Zn.
- Molecular Weight: 399.0.
- Appearance: White Crystalline Powder.
- Solubility: Soluble In Water, Clear Solution.
- Assay: 98.0% Min.
- Zn Content: 12.0% Min.
- pH:(1% w/v solution) 5.5 - 8.0.
- Packing: 25 Kg. HDPE Bags / Drums.
Benefits to Plants:
- It is used as a fertilizer to overcome Zinc deficiency in plants, as well as a source of Zinc for those plants which require Zinc for their normal growth and higher yields.
- Zinc chelate is easily translocated within the plants, because unlike Zinc Sulphate it is partly systemic.
- Zinc Sulphate reduced phosphorous uptake and the phosphorous content of the shoots in plants, while Zn-EDTA increased it.
- Zinc EDTA available to plant system very quickly. This is in contrast with Zinc from other sources which makes Zinc available very slowly, because a large quantity of such Zinc will be fixed in the soil.
- High pH conditions, zinc from other sources may not be available to plant. Zinc EDTA is versatile since it can be used for all crops and all kinds of soil. Most sensitive plants for deficiency are Grape, Citrus, Paddy, Wheat, Maize, Cotton, Potato, Tomato and Onion
Soil application: Mix 500g of Zinc EDTA with 10 kg soil and apply uniformly on one acre.
Foliar Application: Dissolve 100 g of Zinc EDTA in 150-200 liters of water and spray over one acre of standing crop.
Fertilization: 500 g per acre and can be mix with water soluble fertilizer for its application.
Avoid spraying between 11am to 3 pm since zinc is sensitive to sunlight exposure.
Can be mixed with other agrochemicals
Packing: 25 Kg Bags.